A conclusion to 2020 is our final B2B Thursday 10th December at the new events and conference centre, The Dam Shed, Somerset Village. Proudly sponsored by The Dam Shed and supported by CCIQ Qld’s Regional Manager, Mr Paul Garcia, our special guest.
What’s happening around the Kilcoy Chamber landscape!
The Year that has been 2020. The coronavirus, the drought and the local roadworks have taken a heavy toll on Chamber B2B meetings. A challenging time over resources, health and safety and the availability of business owners to participate in any form of meetings.
In the volunteer- elected role of President I have continued to support our local businesses behind the scenes, Bronwyn Davies:
- Active support has been provided through Chamber of Commerce Industry Qld advocacy for the needs of our regions businesses. Inclusion in the Local As Qld project which highlights all businesses across the region(s) who are open and operating. The domestic tourist wants to know where the baker is, the butcher, where the mechanic is for car , trailer, boat and medical facilities etc. Cafe’s and Hotels for food and entertainment. The Local AS Qld project sees ALL businesses as supporting the Tourism Industry especially the Domestic Tourist who is looking for a home away from home.
- The development of a Tourism Strategy for Somerset is being undertaken. Several Kilcoy District business owners were able to participate and contribute to this development. This is ongoing and the Kilcoy District is well represented.
- The support for the FM101.5 Radio signal reach has been ongoing and we hope to have more information about that outcome in the coming weeks. You can download the TEMPLATE support letter HERE
- I have maintained a presence on several regional committee’s ensuring Kilcoy has a strong voice in consideration of project outcomes, not only Kilcoy but the whole Region.
- The new Planning Director SRC has been fully briefed regarding the Kilcoy Beautification Project (2018-2019) for consideration in a future budget and following the current completion of the roadworks.The original project concept can be found HERE
- Regularly visiting the Kilcoy CBD and maintaining the role of liaison of local business concerns and communicating these with both SRC and DTMR. I welcome the new SRC Operations Manager, who’s role is to overseer the roadworks and provide direct communication and information access.
- Submissions to SRC have been made for alternative longbay and RC parking as well as the green dividers on William Street.
- In ongoing dialogue for 2021 on how to introduce the Why Leave Town Initiative and local shopping experience.
- Utilise social media platforms for sharing of news and information that is relevant to Kilcoy and Somerset business operators.
- Attend webinars and online meetings across many platforms to ensure Kilcoy and Somerset have a voice to air opinions on local supply, business operations, tourism, Effluent Spill systems, Heavy Vehicle Road infrastructure and investment in our region.
- Kilcoy Women in Business get together sponsored by BroadcastBiz.tv
To all our Regions Businesses, the Chamber advocates across our region wish you all a Safe, Happy, Joyous Christmas and Prosperity in 2021 and beyond.