There are over 500 Businesses in the Kilcoy District. Home Based, Micro, Small, Medium, Major employer, the Kilcoy Chamber of Commerce is about you, the Business owner and the news, information and impact that decisions about business can have on your day to day operations. The Resources page will host informative links and resource data about anything business related.
- The Somerset Regional Council provides many resources to business. The Council Directors will attend meetings from time to time to provide an informative discussion on relevant issues. The Local Supplier Register is here to download. This register provides a free marketing resource that should be considered as part of your overall marketing strategy.
- Another great resource is the PwC report on the Connecting benefits of using social media. Not every business uses social media so this resource provides clarity around the use of social media and well worth a read. Click on the link to download your copy. Connecting_Benefits
- The NBN is a hot topic and a Public relations hot spot. The Chamber presented a report to to the Hon MP Shayne Neumann last November and recently the President met with the Qld Manager to further progress the conversation about the NBN and its impact on Business and the community. The NBN offers business many opportunities for growth and development. The tabled report is available to review KILCOY NBN Report November 2018 The issues raised have all been addressed. Many concerns were not actually NBN issues but provider issues. NBN does not remove or cancel accounts. The NBN does not have a relationship with Account holders, your provider has that responsibility. For more information on the NBN click on the Links provided. https://www.nbnco.com.au/business/small-and-medium-business The Chamber is also happy to follow up on any concerns you may have.
- A few resources are included here for those who are interested in the growth and development of our Region. The news of the Solar farm Development at Harlin is of great interest to the Region. The Queensland Government offers publications on this and other development project guidelines. Follow the links to download your copy. solar-farm-guidelines-communities Somerset-Region-Planning-Scheme(1), queensland-planning-provisions-public-consultation-factsheet
- The Toowoomba Chamber of Commerce is holding a Budget Breakfast 4th April. Best Register early if the Budget is of interest. Click on the Link to Register.
- Payroll systems require investment and ongoing understanding of how the laws surrounding employment practices interact with them. Single Touch Payroll is a method of reporting to the ATO. This STP system is relevant to small business operators with less than 20 employees as well as the Big business employers. For more information on this and to see how this system may affect your business payroll system, head to the ATO The Chamber will bring this Topic to a future Agenda.
- The Townsville Floods are devastating to the surrounding community, landowners and businesses. Consider supporting via https://www.queenslandcountrylife.com.au/story/5903986/sisters-of-the-north-distribute-funds-to-flood-affected-communities/?cs=4698 and http://www.givit.org.au/
- The Chamber meetings offer a platform for robust discussion on these and any business related topics that members may have concerns about. Being a Chamber member will afford you a strong voice and ears that will listen to concerns. Be sure to Join to ensure your seat at the table. Lets Talk.