Did you know there are over 2000 Businesses in the Somerset Region?
Most of you are small operators with less than 4 employees. Whether you are Home Based, Micro, Small, Medium, Farmer or a global operator the Chamber of Commerce is about providing you with a platform for discussion, news and information which has importance for decision making in your day to day operation.
- The Committee for Economic Development of Australia CEDA has recently put out a report on the Effects of temporary migration. It is a very interesting and informative article if you are considering recruiting from this resource pool. 190704_CEDA_TempMigrationBrochure_FINAL_webversion
- The Regional Development Ipswich and West Moreton developed a Jobs QLD Website for Employers and Job Seekers. Employers can upload their needs specific to the local area and potential candidates can localise their job search.
- The Somerset Regional Council provides many resources for business with Council Directors attending meetings to participate in informative discussion on relevant issues. The Somerset Region Local Supplier Register provides a free marketing resource that should be considered as part of your overall marketing strategy. Who doesn’t want a FREE resource?
- The Chamber is advocating for the signal of FM 101.5 Radio to cover Kilcoy and Surrounds. This opportunity presents Kilcoy the gift of wider audiences ( 7 million hits on the website) through its membership arrangement with the Kilcoy Chamber of Commerce.
- Another great resource is the PwC report on the Connecting benefits of using social media. Not every business uses social media so this resource provides clarity around the use of social media. Click on the link to download your copy. Connecting_Benefits
- The NBN is a Public relations hot spot. The Chamber presented a report to to the Hon MP Shayne Neumann last November and the President met with the Qld Manager to further progress the conversation about the NBN and its impact on our local Business community. The NBN offers business many opportunities for growth and development. The tabled report is available to review KILCOY NBN Report November 2018 The issues raised have been addressed. Many concerns were not actually NBN issues but provider issues. NBN does not remove or cancel accounts. The NBN does not have a relationship with Account holders, your provider has that responsibility. NBN is coming to Kilcoy September 25th for a Community meeting. Stay tuned for more details. For more information on the NBN click on the Links provided. https://www.nbnco.com.au/business/small-and-medium-business
- The news of the Solar farm Development at Harlin is of great interest to the Region. The Queensland Government offers publications on this and other development project guidelines. Follow the links to download your copy. solar-farm-guidelines-communities Somerset-Region-Planning-Scheme(1), queensland-planning-provisions-public-consultation-factsheet
- Kilcoy Road works and development while necessary is a time of disruption. The Chamber has developed a best practice Business continuity guideline for use in times of disruption to business operations. Feel free to download and and reflect on the opportunities that can be taken during this time. Business Continuity
- The Kilcoy Bridge Upgrade begins July 2019 and the works are expected to continue through to mid- 2020. TMR has all the information you need to educate yourself on the works, impacts, timelines, traffic control and signage. The final Layout Map is available to download Kilcoy Project Layout map FINAL
- Payroll systems require investment and ongoing understanding of how the laws surrounding employment practices interact with them. Single Touch Payroll is a method of reporting wage information to the ATO. This system is relevant to all business operators. For more information on this and to see how this system may affect your business payroll system, head to the ATO The Chamber has covered this topic in the May/June meetings.
There are many mystifying notions regarding Tax time. These links and resources will assist your employees and your business decisions. Do not be complacent. Take control.
- AUSkey Replacement
- 11 deductions you probably can’t claim
- The top four mistakes people make on their tax returns
- Office worker work-related expenses poster
- IT professional work-related expenses poster
- Gifts and donations guide
- Car expenses guide
- Working from home guide
- Travel expenses guide
- Self-education expenses guide
The Chamber meetings offer a platform for robust discussion on these and any business related topics that members may have concerns about. Being a Chamber member will afford you a strong voice and ears that will listen to concerns. Be sure to Join to ensure your seat at the table. Lets Talk.
The Chamber does not take any responsibility for the content related to the links provided. These links are for your information and for you to determine their benefit.